We are looking for a talented person to help grow and lead us in worship. We desire someone to oversee and lead our worship time as we grow and develop where God leads.
To lead non-Christians to Christ (Believe), to create a community of believers (Belong) and to move them to be fully devoted and equipped followers of Christ (Become).
God’s Word as our road-map
Unity among believers and its community
Foundation of prayer in the good and bad moments
People that are near God and those far from God
Generosity for God’s kingdom by God’s people
It is an exciting time to be at NTCC in Keokuk, IA. New Testament Christian Church (NTCC) is growing. 2019 will mark 50 years of Kingdom service for NTCC. We hired a new lead pastor in 2018 and things are on the move. You will be joining a great ministry team that includes a FT Children’s Director, FT Administrator/KCA Principal and a FT secretary. We have several volunteers in place to help with Sunday mornings and Wednesday night.
• Elders of NTCC are overall responsible for the ministry of the church. In the partnership with the staff of NTCC, they are responsible for supporting, overseeing and resourcing all staff positions.
• The Lead Pastor is responsible for supporting overseeing and resourcing this position in the day to day operations.
• The Pastor of Worship is responsible for supporting, overseeing and resourcing the volunteers of Worship.
• Loves God, loves people, and loves the Church
• Leads by example, particularly with regard to his family and spiritual life
• Communicates and leads well with a highly developed set of skills, abilities, and gifts in working with volunteers.
• Two years of Bible College
• Works with the Lead Pastor to plan the corporate worship of the church.
• Overseeing the worship team in planning worship services.
• Lead through recruiting and equipping the worship team.
• Lead and shepherd worship team through prayer and other opportunities to connect.
• Lead and facilitate our two worship hours
• Oversee legal/licensing matters.
Additional Pastoral Duties
• Communicate and meet with elders monthly
• Opportunities to preach 2 plus times a year
• Pastoral Care: Hospital Calls, wedding, and funerals as needed
• Contribute to additional ministries where gifts, interests, and church needs coincide, as determined with the senior pastor.
Skills and Abilities
• Bible Knowledge
• Personable and teachable spirit by being willing to learn and grow.
• Able to lead the day-to-day operations of ministry programs.
• Competent vocal and music skills.
• Teachable and moldable.